2 Egyptian fishermen killed by Tunisian Navy
Tunis: Authorities say a Tunisian naval vessel fired upon Egyptian fishermen who were illegally in Tunisian waters, killing two and wounding two others.
The Tunisian defence ministry says the incident occurred on Sunday, after 10 Egyptian boats were intercepted off Tunisia`s southern Kerkennah islands.
The ministry`s statement, released via the official news agency TAP, said the Egyptian boats were engaged in "dangerous maneuvers" but did not specify what type of maneuvers.
Tunisia says the Egyptian vessels failed to comply with orders to stop and so were fired upon.
Monday`s statement said Tunisian authorities have repeatedly warned Egypt against the "infiltration" of Egyptian fishing boats in Tunisian territorial waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees