2 Egyptian fishermen killed by Tunisian Navy
Tunis: Authorities say a Tunisian naval vessel fired upon Egyptian fishermen who were illegally in Tunisian waters, killing two and wounding two others.
The Tunisian defence ministry says the incident occurred on Sunday, after 10 Egyptian boats were intercepted off Tunisia`s southern Kerkennah islands.
The ministry`s statement, released via the official news agency TAP, said the Egyptian boats were engaged in "dangerous maneuvers" but did not specify what type of maneuvers.
Tunisia says the Egyptian vessels failed to comply with orders to stop and so were fired upon.
Monday`s statement said Tunisian authorities have repeatedly warned Egypt against the "infiltration" of Egyptian fishing boats in Tunisian territorial waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred