2 Egyptian fishermen killed by Tunisian Navy
Tunis: Authorities say a Tunisian naval vessel fired upon Egyptian fishermen who were illegally in Tunisian waters, killing two and wounding two others.
The Tunisian defence ministry says the incident occurred on Sunday, after 10 Egyptian boats were intercepted off Tunisia`s southern Kerkennah islands.
The ministry`s statement, released via the official news agency TAP, said the Egyptian boats were engaged in "dangerous maneuvers" but did not specify what type of maneuvers.
Tunisia says the Egyptian vessels failed to comply with orders to stop and so were fired upon.
Monday`s statement said Tunisian authorities have repeatedly warned Egypt against the "infiltration" of Egyptian fishing boats in Tunisian territorial waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!