2 Egyptian fishermen killed by Tunisian Navy
Tunis: Authorities say a Tunisian naval vessel fired upon Egyptian fishermen who were illegally in Tunisian waters, killing two and wounding two others.
The Tunisian defence ministry says the incident occurred on Sunday, after 10 Egyptian boats were intercepted off Tunisia`s southern Kerkennah islands.
The ministry`s statement, released via the official news agency TAP, said the Egyptian boats were engaged in "dangerous maneuvers" but did not specify what type of maneuvers.
Tunisia says the Egyptian vessels failed to comply with orders to stop and so were fired upon.
Monday`s statement said Tunisian authorities have repeatedly warned Egypt against the "infiltration" of Egyptian fishing boats in Tunisian territorial waters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened