3 injured in shooting on campus of community college in US
Houston: At least three people were injured on Tuesday in a shooting at a Houston-area community college, the authorities said.
The shooting took place at the Lone Star College System campus about 32 kilometers north of downtown Houston.
In their initial reports, officials said three people have been wounded. At least one suspect has been detained.
Some portions of campus are being evacuated, and other students are being instructed to rush to shelter in place.
Campus spokesperson Vicki Cassidy says there is a shelter in place at the North Campus.
Emergency responders are focused in the area around the campus library and cafeteria.
Some students were seen running from the building.
There is no official word on the shooter, but officers are searching a wooded area to the north side of campus.
A student said that she heard five shots, and they sounded as if they occurred outside, in an area between the library and the cafeteria. Other students say they heard gunshots when they were in cafeteria.
Medical crews could be seen tending to at least three victims outside the building. Their conditions are not known.
At least one gunshot victim was taken by ground ambulance to Ben Taub Hospital. It`s not known where the others two are being treated.
Aldine ISD has four campuses near Lone Star on lockdown.
Dunn Elementary, Parker Intermediate and Nimitz 9th grade campus and Nimitz HS campus are all being secured.
Their police chief is monitoring the situation.
The Harris County Sheriff`s Office is on the scene, as well as other law enforcement agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic