Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will attend the 12th summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Beijing, where India and Pakistan are observer states, Press TV reported.
The 12th SCO summit will be held June 6-7.
"Apart from participating in the summit, the Iranian president will hold talks with presidents of certain member and observer countries," Mohammad Reza Forqani, head of the presidential office`s international relations division was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.
Ahmadinejad will meet Chinese President Hu Jintao, Prime Minister Wen Jiabao and speaker of the National People`s Congress.
Iran and China will sign an agreement on the expansion of bilateral ties.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31