Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will attend the 12th summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Beijing, where India and Pakistan are observer states, Press TV reported.
The 12th SCO summit will be held June 6-7.
"Apart from participating in the summit, the Iranian president will hold talks with presidents of certain member and observer countries," Mohammad Reza Forqani, head of the presidential office`s international relations division was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.
Ahmadinejad will meet Chinese President Hu Jintao, Prime Minister Wen Jiabao and speaker of the National People`s Congress.
Iran and China will sign an agreement on the expansion of bilateral ties.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security