Airbus A320 makes emergency landing in China
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane on Monday made an emergency landing at a northeast city shortly after taking off as the housing of its left engine fell off, the airline said.
The China Southern Airlines flight CZ 3624, which was en route from Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province, to the southern city of Guangzhou, made a successful emergency landing at 0952 hrs after it took off at 0829 hrs, said a statement issued by the company`s Heilongjiang office.
The airline then sent another plane to help transport the stranded passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Although the airline refused to reveal the type of aircraft involved, local media reported that it was an Airbus A320. The report also did not say how many passengers were on board the aircraft when it made the emergency landing.
An investigation into the cause of the incident is under way, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India