Airbus A320 makes emergency landing in China
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane on Monday made an emergency landing at a northeast city shortly after taking off as the housing of its left engine fell off, the airline said.
The China Southern Airlines flight CZ 3624, which was en route from Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province, to the southern city of Guangzhou, made a successful emergency landing at 0952 hrs after it took off at 0829 hrs, said a statement issued by the company`s Heilongjiang office.
The airline then sent another plane to help transport the stranded passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Although the airline refused to reveal the type of aircraft involved, local media reported that it was an Airbus A320. The report also did not say how many passengers were on board the aircraft when it made the emergency landing.
An investigation into the cause of the incident is under way, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn