Airbus A320 makes emergency landing in China
Beijing: A Chinese passenger plane on Monday made an emergency landing at a northeast city shortly after taking off as the housing of its left engine fell off, the airline said.
The China Southern Airlines flight CZ 3624, which was en route from Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province, to the southern city of Guangzhou, made a successful emergency landing at 0952 hrs after it took off at 0829 hrs, said a statement issued by the company`s Heilongjiang office.
The airline then sent another plane to help transport the stranded passengers, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Although the airline refused to reveal the type of aircraft involved, local media reported that it was an Airbus A320. The report also did not say how many passengers were on board the aircraft when it made the emergency landing.
An investigation into the cause of the incident is under way, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad