AK-47 developer Mikhail Kalashnikov hospitalised
Moscow: Mikhail Kalashnikov, the 94-year old developer of the AK-47 assault rifle, the world`s most widely used firearm, has been admitted to intensive care, officials said on Monday.
Kalashnikov was rushed to a hospital in the Siberian city of Izhevsk yesterday. He is now being treated at the state cardiology centre of republic of Udmurtia, RIA Novosti news agency reported.
"The necessary procedures are being carried out to ensure that he can be put back on his feet as soon as possible. Mihkail will receive all the treatment he needs today," said Vladimir Muzlov, the Health Minister of Udmurtia.
Kalashnikov`s health began to worsen around the time of his birthday on November 10, his son, his son Viktor said.
"It is nothing terrible. He is being treated preventively," said Viktor Kalashnikov.
Mikhail has been suffering from old-age related problems for some time now. He spent two weeks at a local cardiology clinic in May and was later flown to Moscow for further treatment. He was hospitalised in Moscow and was fitted with a pacemaker in June.
The Avtomat Kalashnikova-47 (AK-47) is the world`s most widely used firearm with an estimated 100 million spread worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...