Amazon pulls offensive `keep calm and rape them` T-shirts
Washington: Online retailer Amazon has been slammed for selling offensive T-shirts with slogans that seem to promote crime against women.`
Earlier on Saturday the firm launched T-shirts for sale with messages including "keep calm and hit her".
According to the BBC, an Amazon statement said later "those items are not available for sale".
The T-shirts are based on the World War II wartime propaganda slogan " keep calm and carry on."
Among the 8,425 T-shirts offered for sale by the company on the Amazon site had offensive slogans like, "keep calm and knife her", "keep calm and rape them" and "keep calm and grope a lot".
On Friday, US company Solid Gold Bomb apologised for selling the T-shirt and removed it from sale, saying a listing was automatically generated in error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees