Amazon pulls offensive `keep calm and rape them` T-shirts
Washington: Online retailer Amazon has been slammed for selling offensive T-shirts with slogans that seem to promote crime against women.`
Earlier on Saturday the firm launched T-shirts for sale with messages including "keep calm and hit her".
According to the BBC, an Amazon statement said later "those items are not available for sale".
The T-shirts are based on the World War II wartime propaganda slogan " keep calm and carry on."
Among the 8,425 T-shirts offered for sale by the company on the Amazon site had offensive slogans like, "keep calm and knife her", "keep calm and rape them" and "keep calm and grope a lot".
On Friday, US company Solid Gold Bomb apologised for selling the T-shirt and removed it from sale, saying a listing was automatically generated in error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected