Amazon pulls offensive `keep calm and rape them` T-shirts
Washington: Online retailer Amazon has been slammed for selling offensive T-shirts with slogans that seem to promote crime against women.`
Earlier on Saturday the firm launched T-shirts for sale with messages including "keep calm and hit her".
According to the BBC, an Amazon statement said later "those items are not available for sale".
The T-shirts are based on the World War II wartime propaganda slogan " keep calm and carry on."
Among the 8,425 T-shirts offered for sale by the company on the Amazon site had offensive slogans like, "keep calm and knife her", "keep calm and rape them" and "keep calm and grope a lot".
On Friday, US company Solid Gold Bomb apologised for selling the T-shirt and removed it from sale, saying a listing was automatically generated in error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing