Amazon pulls offensive `keep calm and rape them` T-shirts
Washington: Online retailer Amazon has been slammed for selling offensive T-shirts with slogans that seem to promote crime against women.`
Earlier on Saturday the firm launched T-shirts for sale with messages including "keep calm and hit her".
According to the BBC, an Amazon statement said later "those items are not available for sale".
The T-shirts are based on the World War II wartime propaganda slogan " keep calm and carry on."
Among the 8,425 T-shirts offered for sale by the company on the Amazon site had offensive slogans like, "keep calm and knife her", "keep calm and rape them" and "keep calm and grope a lot".
On Friday, US company Solid Gold Bomb apologised for selling the T-shirt and removed it from sale, saying a listing was automatically generated in error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir