Anti-Muslim filmmaker Nakoula ‘has no regrets’
Washington: The maker of the anti-Islam movie, ‘Innocence of Muslims,’ which outraged the Muslim world, has said that he ‘has no regrets.’
Egyptian-American Coptic Christian, Nakoula Basseley said that he stands by the incendiary movie, which portrays Prophet Muhammad as a fraud and a pedophile.
“I thought, before I wrote this script that I should burn myself in a public square to let the American people and the people of the world know this message that I believe in,” Nakoula told the New York Times.
According to the ABC, in his interview with the paper, he said he didn``t regret the film "at all"
and wanted to communicate the "actual truth" about Muhammad.
Nakoula was sent to prison earlier this month for violating his probation on a prior federal fraud conviction.
He admitted that he lied to his probation officer and used fake names, though prosecutors dropped other counts, which included the accusation that he had lied to authorities about the scope of his role in making "Innocence of Muslims."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1