Anti-Muslim filmmaker Nakoula ‘has no regrets’
Washington: The maker of the anti-Islam movie, ‘Innocence of Muslims,’ which outraged the Muslim world, has said that he ‘has no regrets.’
Egyptian-American Coptic Christian, Nakoula Basseley said that he stands by the incendiary movie, which portrays Prophet Muhammad as a fraud and a pedophile.
“I thought, before I wrote this script that I should burn myself in a public square to let the American people and the people of the world know this message that I believe in,” Nakoula told the New York Times.
According to the ABC, in his interview with the paper, he said he didn``t regret the film "at all"
and wanted to communicate the "actual truth" about Muhammad.
Nakoula was sent to prison earlier this month for violating his probation on a prior federal fraud conviction.
He admitted that he lied to his probation officer and used fake names, though prosecutors dropped other counts, which included the accusation that he had lied to authorities about the scope of his role in making "Innocence of Muslims."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back