Argentina to send skin grafts for Brazilian fire victims
Buenos Aires: Argentina will send skin grafts to Brazil to treat people suffering serious burns in the wake of a disco fire in Santa Maria city, the Health Ministry announced Monday.
"We will make as many skin grafts available as possible to our Brazilian peers, as fast as we can," said Health Ministry spokesman Gabriel Yedlin.
This in response to a request made by Rosana Reis Nothen, transplant coordinator in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, to Director of the National Implant Institute of Argentina (INCUCAI), Carlos Soratti.
At daybreak today, a fire ravaged the Kiss nightclub, in Santa Maria, 286 km from Porto Alegre, killing more than 200 people and wounding scores of people, currently being treated in hospitals in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference