Argentina to send skin grafts for Brazilian fire victims
Buenos Aires: Argentina will send skin grafts to Brazil to treat people suffering serious burns in the wake of a disco fire in Santa Maria city, the Health Ministry announced Monday.
"We will make as many skin grafts available as possible to our Brazilian peers, as fast as we can," said Health Ministry spokesman Gabriel Yedlin.
This in response to a request made by Rosana Reis Nothen, transplant coordinator in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, to Director of the National Implant Institute of Argentina (INCUCAI), Carlos Soratti.
At daybreak today, a fire ravaged the Kiss nightclub, in Santa Maria, 286 km from Porto Alegre, killing more than 200 people and wounding scores of people, currently being treated in hospitals in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics