Argentina to send skin grafts for Brazilian fire victims
Buenos Aires: Argentina will send skin grafts to Brazil to treat people suffering serious burns in the wake of a disco fire in Santa Maria city, the Health Ministry announced Monday.
"We will make as many skin grafts available as possible to our Brazilian peers, as fast as we can," said Health Ministry spokesman Gabriel Yedlin.
This in response to a request made by Rosana Reis Nothen, transplant coordinator in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, to Director of the National Implant Institute of Argentina (INCUCAI), Carlos Soratti.
At daybreak today, a fire ravaged the Kiss nightclub, in Santa Maria, 286 km from Porto Alegre, killing more than 200 people and wounding scores of people, currently being treated in hospitals in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant