Argentina to send skin grafts for Brazilian fire victims
Buenos Aires: Argentina will send skin grafts to Brazil to treat people suffering serious burns in the wake of a disco fire in Santa Maria city, the Health Ministry announced Monday.
"We will make as many skin grafts available as possible to our Brazilian peers, as fast as we can," said Health Ministry spokesman Gabriel Yedlin.
This in response to a request made by Rosana Reis Nothen, transplant coordinator in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, to Director of the National Implant Institute of Argentina (INCUCAI), Carlos Soratti.
At daybreak today, a fire ravaged the Kiss nightclub, in Santa Maria, 286 km from Porto Alegre, killing more than 200 people and wounding scores of people, currently being treated in hospitals in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report