Assailants stab Japan diplomat in Yemen: Embassy
Sanaa: Assailants on Sunday stabbed a Japanese diplomat in Yemen as he drove his car in the capital Sanaa, scene of a recent spate of attacks on foreigners, the embassy said.
The consul and second secretary at the embassy suffered five stab wounds in the morning attack as he drove through the neighbourhood of Hadda, an embassy spokesman said.
It was unclear if the attack was an attempt to kidnap the diplomat.
"He is ok now. He is in hospital," said the spokesman, who declined to disclose the name of the consul.
The spokesman said he had been driving ahead of the consul, but when he arrived at the embassy, he discovered that the consul was no longer following.
The diplomats had been driving without any guards, he added.
In late November, unidentified gunmen killed a Belarussian defence contractor and wounded another in an attack outside their hotel in Sanaa.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow