Assange making song on `new politics` with Puerto Rican band
London: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that his time in the Ecuadorean embassy in London is being spent by working on a song with Puerto Rican band Calle 13.
The former computer hacker has however not revealed if he will be the performer or the lyric composer, the Telegraph reports.
Assange said that he along with the band are making an interesting song about how internet and media in the new age has affected the political situations and claimed that the song is about a Latin American political group from Puerto Rico which has faced challenges with the US government.
According to the report, Assange had chosen staying in the embassy in a bid to escape an exile from Britain to Sweden following inquiries over alleged sex crimes.
Assange further claimed that he feared his move to Sweden might take him to US where he might be prosecuted for Wikileaks` releasing of several classified documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi