Assange making song on `new politics` with Puerto Rican band
London: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that his time in the Ecuadorean embassy in London is being spent by working on a song with Puerto Rican band Calle 13.
The former computer hacker has however not revealed if he will be the performer or the lyric composer, the Telegraph reports.
Assange said that he along with the band are making an interesting song about how internet and media in the new age has affected the political situations and claimed that the song is about a Latin American political group from Puerto Rico which has faced challenges with the US government.
According to the report, Assange had chosen staying in the embassy in a bid to escape an exile from Britain to Sweden following inquiries over alleged sex crimes.
Assange further claimed that he feared his move to Sweden might take him to US where he might be prosecuted for Wikileaks` releasing of several classified documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them