Bahamas: 200 gallons of fuel spilled into ocean
Nassau (Bahamas): The Bahamas says just over 200 gallons (757 litres) of diesel spilled into the ocean during a refueling accident.
The owner of a salvage company has estimated that the Sunday spill near the main harbor in Grand Bahama was roughly 1,000 gallons (3,785 litres), but the government put their estimated figure lower yesterday.
Transport Minister Glenys Hanna-Martin told reporters that some 210 gallons (795 litres) of fuel splashed between a tanker and a barge during refueling at dawn Sunday. The spill went unnoticed for about a half hour.
Crews with the Bahamas Oil Refinery Company deployed teams to contain the mess. A clean up operation is ongoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city