Bahamas: 200 gallons of fuel spilled into ocean
Nassau (Bahamas): The Bahamas says just over 200 gallons (757 litres) of diesel spilled into the ocean during a refueling accident.
The owner of a salvage company has estimated that the Sunday spill near the main harbor in Grand Bahama was roughly 1,000 gallons (3,785 litres), but the government put their estimated figure lower yesterday.
Transport Minister Glenys Hanna-Martin told reporters that some 210 gallons (795 litres) of fuel splashed between a tanker and a barge during refueling at dawn Sunday. The spill went unnoticed for about a half hour.
Crews with the Bahamas Oil Refinery Company deployed teams to contain the mess. A clean up operation is ongoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre