Bahrain to host GCC united military command
Manama: Bahrain will host the first Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) United Military Command to deter threats against the region and further strengthen military ties between the six oil-rich states, Bahraini foreign minister said.
Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa announced Tuesday that the GCC United Military Command will work as an umbrella that brings together the Gulf nations` joint military force in terms of coordination, planning and command, reported Xinhua.
The remarks were made during a joint press conference with GCC Secretary-General Abdullatif Al Zayani after the 33rd GCC Summit held in Bahrain.
The GCC United Military Command "is an entity that will bring all efforts together under one umbrella", the foreign minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price