Bahrain to host GCC united military command
Manama: Bahrain will host the first Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) United Military Command to deter threats against the region and further strengthen military ties between the six oil-rich states, Bahraini foreign minister said.
Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa announced Tuesday that the GCC United Military Command will work as an umbrella that brings together the Gulf nations` joint military force in terms of coordination, planning and command, reported Xinhua.
The remarks were made during a joint press conference with GCC Secretary-General Abdullatif Al Zayani after the 33rd GCC Summit held in Bahrain.
The GCC United Military Command "is an entity that will bring all efforts together under one umbrella", the foreign minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff: Sources
- Militants kill civilian in Kashmir
- Indian worker tells Australia court his pro-ISIS post was 'sarcastic'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm today
- Salman Khan's Katrina connect was seen at 'Sultan' trailer launch? Details inside