Belgium: 200 protesters detained outside NATO
Brussels: Police have detained about 200 protesters who tried to break into NATO headquarters to demand nuclear disarmament and the withdrawal of all the alliance`s forces in Afghanistan.
In a pre-announced action, the protesters of "NATO GAME OVER" stormed the fenced-off area around the headquarters in Brussels, but none got into the compound itself.
Belgian police chased the protesters around the fields and lined them up in large groups before they were taken away. The action came ahead of next month`s NATO summit in Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley