Belgium: Serial killer Dutroux’s accomplice released
Belgium: Michelle Martin, former wife and accomplice of pedophile serial killer Marc Dutroux, was released from prison on Tuesday. The court approved Martin’s convent transfer and she will now be staying in a Clarisse convent.
The court has also ordered her to stay away from the families of the victims. Under the supervision of nuns and probation workers, Martin will be able to move in and out of the convent, as per a BBC report.
The decision has been taken after Martin served 16 years of her 30 years sentence in prison.
She was found guilty in 2004 after of helping Dutroux in kidnapping the victims and in starvation death of two of the kidnapped girls.
The decision has caused an outrage among the families of the victims.
Jailed in 1980s for raping and abducting young girls, the duo were released earlier for good behavior. However, they reportedly abducted more girls after that.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'