Belgium: Serial killer Dutroux’s accomplice released
Belgium: Michelle Martin, former wife and accomplice of pedophile serial killer Marc Dutroux, was released from prison on Tuesday. The court approved Martin’s convent transfer and she will now be staying in a Clarisse convent.
The court has also ordered her to stay away from the families of the victims. Under the supervision of nuns and probation workers, Martin will be able to move in and out of the convent, as per a BBC report.
The decision has been taken after Martin served 16 years of her 30 years sentence in prison.
She was found guilty in 2004 after of helping Dutroux in kidnapping the victims and in starvation death of two of the kidnapped girls.
The decision has caused an outrage among the families of the victims.
Jailed in 1980s for raping and abducting young girls, the duo were released earlier for good behavior. However, they reportedly abducted more girls after that.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what