Belgium: Serial killer Dutroux’s accomplice released
Belgium: Michelle Martin, former wife and accomplice of pedophile serial killer Marc Dutroux, was released from prison on Tuesday. The court approved Martin’s convent transfer and she will now be staying in a Clarisse convent.
The court has also ordered her to stay away from the families of the victims. Under the supervision of nuns and probation workers, Martin will be able to move in and out of the convent, as per a BBC report.
The decision has been taken after Martin served 16 years of her 30 years sentence in prison.
She was found guilty in 2004 after of helping Dutroux in kidnapping the victims and in starvation death of two of the kidnapped girls.
The decision has caused an outrage among the families of the victims.
Jailed in 1980s for raping and abducting young girls, the duo were released earlier for good behavior. However, they reportedly abducted more girls after that.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister