Boko Haram kill 29 villagers in northeast Nigeria: Report
Lagos: Witnesses say Boko Haram extremists shot and killed 29 people in two Christian enclaves of northeast Nigeria.
Yesterday's was the latest in a spate of attacks that have killed hundreds in recent weeks and spilled across Nigeria's borders.
Resident Paul Ali Dille said today that most people in Dille village ran but those who could not were gunned down and many homes were set ablaze.
Villagers said the extremists last night attacked nearby Mwuthamam village. It is still not known how many people were killed.
Survivors said a woman suicide bomber blew herself up at a busy market in northeastern Damaturu town on Sunday, killing 15 people and wounding 50.
On Friday the target was Maikadiri village, where witnesses said at least 14 people died and 500 cows were slaughtered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Malegaon blasts case: Narendra Modi government should sack NIA chief, demands Congress
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?