Boko Haram kill 29 villagers in northeast Nigeria: Report
Lagos: Witnesses say Boko Haram extremists shot and killed 29 people in two Christian enclaves of northeast Nigeria.
Yesterday's was the latest in a spate of attacks that have killed hundreds in recent weeks and spilled across Nigeria's borders.
Resident Paul Ali Dille said today that most people in Dille village ran but those who could not were gunned down and many homes were set ablaze.
Villagers said the extremists last night attacked nearby Mwuthamam village. It is still not known how many people were killed.
Survivors said a woman suicide bomber blew herself up at a busy market in northeastern Damaturu town on Sunday, killing 15 people and wounding 50.
On Friday the target was Maikadiri village, where witnesses said at least 14 people died and 500 cows were slaughtered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP