Boko Haram kill 29 villagers in northeast Nigeria: Report
Lagos: Witnesses say Boko Haram extremists shot and killed 29 people in two Christian enclaves of northeast Nigeria.
Yesterday's was the latest in a spate of attacks that have killed hundreds in recent weeks and spilled across Nigeria's borders.
Resident Paul Ali Dille said today that most people in Dille village ran but those who could not were gunned down and many homes were set ablaze.
Villagers said the extremists last night attacked nearby Mwuthamam village. It is still not known how many people were killed.
Survivors said a woman suicide bomber blew herself up at a busy market in northeastern Damaturu town on Sunday, killing 15 people and wounding 50.
On Friday the target was Maikadiri village, where witnesses said at least 14 people died and 500 cows were slaughtered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon