`Boston bomber returned from Russia with willingness to kill people`
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has said Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev returned from Russia last year `with a willingness to kill people`.
Tsarnaev and his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, are suspected of carrying out the Boston bombings last week.
Kerry went on to say that democracies, including the United States, need to do a better job with young people, Politico reports.
According to the report, a senior State Department official said that Kerry was not trying to get ahead of investigators.
The official said that there is an ongoing investigation led by the FBI and the Secretary was simply expressing broad concern about radicalism rather than indicating any new information or conclusion about the individuals involved, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes