British Deputy PM questioned over sex scandal
London: British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has been entangled in a scandal over sex allegations against a top Liberal Democrat politician.
This came into light after a news channel aired five years earlier footage, showing two women complaining that party chief executive Lord Rennard had made improper advances towards them, allegedly touching the women after inviting them to his room, the Sun reports.
Clegg, who was asked to declare his knowledge about the incident after it was revealed that his office were already aware of the claims against Rennard, insisted that he knew nothing about the allegations until they were aired on Friday by a news channel.
Denying the allegations against him, Rennard said that the claims were an attempt to damage his reputation, and pointed out the fact that the alleged incidents supposedly took place in public bars with other people present.
At least ten women are said to have complained they were molested by the 52-year-old peer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’