British Deputy PM questioned over sex scandal
London: British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has been entangled in a scandal over sex allegations against a top Liberal Democrat politician.
This came into light after a news channel aired five years earlier footage, showing two women complaining that party chief executive Lord Rennard had made improper advances towards them, allegedly touching the women after inviting them to his room, the Sun reports.
Clegg, who was asked to declare his knowledge about the incident after it was revealed that his office were already aware of the claims against Rennard, insisted that he knew nothing about the allegations until they were aired on Friday by a news channel.
Denying the allegations against him, Rennard said that the claims were an attempt to damage his reputation, and pointed out the fact that the alleged incidents supposedly took place in public bars with other people present.
At least ten women are said to have complained they were molested by the 52-year-old peer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her