British Deputy PM questioned over sex scandal
London: British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has been entangled in a scandal over sex allegations against a top Liberal Democrat politician.
This came into light after a news channel aired five years earlier footage, showing two women complaining that party chief executive Lord Rennard had made improper advances towards them, allegedly touching the women after inviting them to his room, the Sun reports.
Clegg, who was asked to declare his knowledge about the incident after it was revealed that his office were already aware of the claims against Rennard, insisted that he knew nothing about the allegations until they were aired on Friday by a news channel.
Denying the allegations against him, Rennard said that the claims were an attempt to damage his reputation, and pointed out the fact that the alleged incidents supposedly took place in public bars with other people present.
At least ten women are said to have complained they were molested by the 52-year-old peer, the report added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world