British Deputy PM questioned over sex scandal
London: British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has been entangled in a scandal over sex allegations against a top Liberal Democrat politician.
This came into light after a news channel aired five years earlier footage, showing two women complaining that party chief executive Lord Rennard had made improper advances towards them, allegedly touching the women after inviting them to his room, the Sun reports.
Clegg, who was asked to declare his knowledge about the incident after it was revealed that his office were already aware of the claims against Rennard, insisted that he knew nothing about the allegations until they were aired on Friday by a news channel.
Denying the allegations against him, Rennard said that the claims were an attempt to damage his reputation, and pointed out the fact that the alleged incidents supposedly took place in public bars with other people present.
At least ten women are said to have complained they were molested by the 52-year-old peer, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership