Chavez accuses US of trying to topple Syrian leader
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is
accusing the US government and its allies of provoking
violence in Syria in an effort to topple its government.
Chavez says he spoke by phone yesterday with his ally
Syrian President Bashar Assad. He says Assad told him that
more than 2,000 Syrian soldiers have been killed along with a
larger number of civilians in what the Venezuelan leader calls
a "terrorist plan" to remove Assad from power.
Chavez also says Assad told him that the security
situation in Syria is improving and he hopes the situation
returns to normal soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!