Chinese FM to address UN General Assembly
Beijing: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi will lead a delegation to attend the 67th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
"Yang will present China`s views on the current international situation, major international and regional issues, and introduce China`s efforts to maintain world peace, promote common development and international cooperation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hong Lei said in a statement.
The Chinese leadership, including President Hu Jintao are currently busy finalising plans to hold the 18th Congress of the ruling Communist Party which is expected to elect new set of leaders.
The 67th session of the UN General Assembly opened on September 18, and its General Debate will start on September 25 at the UN Headquarters in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital