Chinese FM to address UN General Assembly
Beijing: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi will lead a delegation to attend the 67th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
"Yang will present China`s views on the current international situation, major international and regional issues, and introduce China`s efforts to maintain world peace, promote common development and international cooperation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hong Lei said in a statement.
The Chinese leadership, including President Hu Jintao are currently busy finalising plans to hold the 18th Congress of the ruling Communist Party which is expected to elect new set of leaders.
The 67th session of the UN General Assembly opened on September 18, and its General Debate will start on September 25 at the UN Headquarters in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post