Chinese FM to address UN General Assembly
Beijing: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi will lead a delegation to attend the 67th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
"Yang will present China`s views on the current international situation, major international and regional issues, and introduce China`s efforts to maintain world peace, promote common development and international cooperation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hong Lei said in a statement.
The Chinese leadership, including President Hu Jintao are currently busy finalising plans to hold the 18th Congress of the ruling Communist Party which is expected to elect new set of leaders.
The 67th session of the UN General Assembly opened on September 18, and its General Debate will start on September 25 at the UN Headquarters in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA