Chinese FM to address UN General Assembly
Beijing: Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi will lead a delegation to attend the 67th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.
"Yang will present China`s views on the current international situation, major international and regional issues, and introduce China`s efforts to maintain world peace, promote common development and international cooperation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman, Hong Lei said in a statement.
The Chinese leadership, including President Hu Jintao are currently busy finalising plans to hold the 18th Congress of the ruling Communist Party which is expected to elect new set of leaders.
The 67th session of the UN General Assembly opened on September 18, and its General Debate will start on September 25 at the UN Headquarters in New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest