`Connecticut school shooting staged by Barack Obama`
Washington: A Florida professor, known for his obsession with conspiracy theories, has said the massacre at Sandy Hook school did not happen as reported and suggested it was a set-up by the Obama administration to promote gun control.
Florida Atlantic University professor James Tracy spoke about massacre on his blog and in interviews.
The 47-year-old professor on his blog, memoryholeblog.com wrote that regardless of where one stands on the Second Amendment and gun control, it is not unreasonable to suggest the Obama administration was involved in an incident that has sparked a national debate on the very topic, and not coincidentally remains a key piece of Obama`s political platform, the New York Daily News reports.
In another post, he wrote that while it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place, at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation`s news media have described.
Tracy also called a gut-wrenching public appearance by Robert Parker, the father of a first-grader who was shot to death, "contrived and asked Florida`s Sun-Sentinel newspaper, "Was this to a certain degree constructed? Was this a drill?"
According to the report, officials in Newtown slammed Tracy as an `embarrassment` to his school and called on Florida Atlantic officials to fire him.
Florida Atlantic distanced itself from Tracy`s comments.
He also expressed scepticism about the Kennedy assassination, 9/11 and the mass shooting at the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado, in July, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert