`Connecticut school shooting staged by Barack Obama`
Washington: A Florida professor, known for his obsession with conspiracy theories, has said the massacre at Sandy Hook school did not happen as reported and suggested it was a set-up by the Obama administration to promote gun control.
Florida Atlantic University professor James Tracy spoke about massacre on his blog and in interviews.
The 47-year-old professor on his blog, memoryholeblog.com wrote that regardless of where one stands on the Second Amendment and gun control, it is not unreasonable to suggest the Obama administration was involved in an incident that has sparked a national debate on the very topic, and not coincidentally remains a key piece of Obama`s political platform, the New York Daily News reports.
In another post, he wrote that while it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place, at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation`s news media have described.
Tracy also called a gut-wrenching public appearance by Robert Parker, the father of a first-grader who was shot to death, "contrived and asked Florida`s Sun-Sentinel newspaper, "Was this to a certain degree constructed? Was this a drill?"
According to the report, officials in Newtown slammed Tracy as an `embarrassment` to his school and called on Florida Atlantic officials to fire him.
Florida Atlantic distanced itself from Tracy`s comments.
He also expressed scepticism about the Kennedy assassination, 9/11 and the mass shooting at the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado, in July, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K