`Connecticut school shooting staged by Barack Obama`
Washington: A Florida professor, known for his obsession with conspiracy theories, has said the massacre at Sandy Hook school did not happen as reported and suggested it was a set-up by the Obama administration to promote gun control.
Florida Atlantic University professor James Tracy spoke about massacre on his blog and in interviews.
The 47-year-old professor on his blog, memoryholeblog.com wrote that regardless of where one stands on the Second Amendment and gun control, it is not unreasonable to suggest the Obama administration was involved in an incident that has sparked a national debate on the very topic, and not coincidentally remains a key piece of Obama`s political platform, the New York Daily News reports.
In another post, he wrote that while it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place, at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation`s news media have described.
Tracy also called a gut-wrenching public appearance by Robert Parker, the father of a first-grader who was shot to death, "contrived and asked Florida`s Sun-Sentinel newspaper, "Was this to a certain degree constructed? Was this a drill?"
According to the report, officials in Newtown slammed Tracy as an `embarrassment` to his school and called on Florida Atlantic officials to fire him.
Florida Atlantic distanced itself from Tracy`s comments.
He also expressed scepticism about the Kennedy assassination, 9/11 and the mass shooting at the movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado, in July, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months