CPC Congress to give direction to reform: Chinese daily
Beijing: The 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) is crucial as it not only concerns the leadership change but "the direction of reform and major national policies in the next decade", said a state-run Chinese daily.
It begins next Thursday.
"The preparation for this event has reached its climax. Meticulous preparations are required due to the vast attention paid to the Congress...Over one million volunteers in Beijing will join the effort," said an article in the Op-Ed section of the Global Times.
"As for whether China should be more relaxed toward the Congress and not be so cautious about the preparations, this is a matter for China`s social governance and is not related to the core content of the 18th Party Congress," it added.
The daily stressed that this Congress is crucial, "as it not only concerns the leadership change but the direction of reform and major national policies in the next decade. Its importance has even triggered some nerves in some specific sectors".
"It`s wrong to say that only officials care about the Party Congress as the public also places high expectations upon it. Public discussion about the event has been commonplace since the beginning of the year, and even the pace of grass-roots economic and social activities has been tuned in to the Congress. The vast majority of Chinese people hope to see the Congress go well," it pointed out.
The article said that to create a favourable environment for a smooth Congress is a natural thing. "This is part of China`s political, social and cultural traditions."
It went on to say that Party Congress is to be held in the Internet era and "this is a new experience".
"It is normal that various suggestions and discussions be offered up during the Congress. The intensity of these expressions of opinion is proportional to the importance of the event," the daily said.
"The content of the Congress is vital...A diversified society will bring constant changes to public opinion and both officials and the public should adapt to this reality. The direction for China`s development will remain unchanged and the cohesion brought by the Party Congress will be more critical than ever. For now, the Congress undoubtedly is at the centre of this country`s public life," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow