Dead boy wakes up, asks for water and dies again
Melbourne: A two-year-old Brazilian boy, who was declared dead, sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless.
According to Website ORM, Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil, News.com.au reported.
The boy was declared dead at 7.40 pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.
The child’s devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night as the boy’s body laid in an open coffin.
But just an hour before his funeral was to take place on Saturday, the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said asked his father for water.
“Daddy, can I have some water,” the child said.
“Everybody started to scream, we couldn’t believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life,” the boy’s father, Antonio Santos said.
“Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn’t wake him. He was dead again.”
Mr Santos rushed his son back to the Aberlardo Santos hospital in Belem, where the doctors re-examined the boy and confirmed that he had no signs of life.
“They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard,” Santos said.
The boy’s family decided to delay the funeral for an hour hoping that he would wake up again, but ended up burying him at 5 pm the same day in a local cemetery.
Santos, who is convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation.
“Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn’t examine him properly. Dead people don’t just wake up and talk. I’m determined to find out the truth,” Santos said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda