Dead boy wakes up, asks for water and dies again
Melbourne: A two-year-old Brazilian boy, who was declared dead, sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless.
According to Website ORM, Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil, News.com.au reported.
The boy was declared dead at 7.40 pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.
The child’s devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night as the boy’s body laid in an open coffin.
But just an hour before his funeral was to take place on Saturday, the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said asked his father for water.
“Daddy, can I have some water,” the child said.
“Everybody started to scream, we couldn’t believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life,” the boy’s father, Antonio Santos said.
“Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn’t wake him. He was dead again.”
Mr Santos rushed his son back to the Aberlardo Santos hospital in Belem, where the doctors re-examined the boy and confirmed that he had no signs of life.
“They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard,” Santos said.
The boy’s family decided to delay the funeral for an hour hoping that he would wake up again, but ended up burying him at 5 pm the same day in a local cemetery.
Santos, who is convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation.
“Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn’t examine him properly. Dead people don’t just wake up and talk. I’m determined to find out the truth,” Santos said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing