Did Iran kill one of its own nuclear scientist?
Tehran: A leading Iranian nuclear scientist, Masoud Ali Mohammadi, whose death was blamed on an Israeli spy, was killed by its own government, according to a prominent opposition blogger.
London-based dissident Potkin Azarmehr in a blog post revealed that the Israeli passport shown by Iranian television was stamped 2003, when Majid Jamali Fashi, who killed Mohammadi, was 15 years old.
He also revealed that the passport bore the photo of a hirsute man in his 20s who was not looking directly into the camera.
"No passport will be issued with such a picture, anywhere in the world. You need a headshot where you are open-eyed AND looking into the camera," Azarmehr wrote.
Mohammadi had died in January 2010 when a motorcycle parked outside his house was detonated by remote control.
Iran`s Islamist regime has often used the cover of its war with Israel to crack down on its internal opponents, ABC News reports.
Almost a half dozen scientists linked to Iran’s nuclear and long-range missile programs have died under suspicious circumstances since 2010
The Iranian regime has usually blamed Israel, the US, and the UK for the deaths.
"Zionists did it," said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while Ali Larjani, chairman of the Iranian Parliament, said the government had "clear information that the intelligence regime of the Zionist regime and the CIA wanted to implement terrorist acts”.
A German-based opposition group released a photo of an alleged Arab hitman who had supposedly carried out Mohammadi`s assassination on Iran`s orders.
More than two years later, the Iranian government executed Fashi.
Iranian authorities claimed that Fashi was recruited and trained by Mossad and was paid 120,000 to kill Mohammadi.
Iranian media had broadcast Fashi`s confession, in which he said he had received training in chasing, running, counter-chasing and techniques for planting bombs in a car while he was in Tel Aviv.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof