Did Iran kill one of its own nuclear scientist?
Tehran: A leading Iranian nuclear scientist, Masoud Ali Mohammadi, whose death was blamed on an Israeli spy, was killed by its own government, according to a prominent opposition blogger.
London-based dissident Potkin Azarmehr in a blog post revealed that the Israeli passport shown by Iranian television was stamped 2003, when Majid Jamali Fashi, who killed Mohammadi, was 15 years old.
He also revealed that the passport bore the photo of a hirsute man in his 20s who was not looking directly into the camera.
"No passport will be issued with such a picture, anywhere in the world. You need a headshot where you are open-eyed AND looking into the camera," Azarmehr wrote.
Mohammadi had died in January 2010 when a motorcycle parked outside his house was detonated by remote control.
Iran`s Islamist regime has often used the cover of its war with Israel to crack down on its internal opponents, ABC News reports.
Almost a half dozen scientists linked to Iran’s nuclear and long-range missile programs have died under suspicious circumstances since 2010
The Iranian regime has usually blamed Israel, the US, and the UK for the deaths.
"Zionists did it," said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while Ali Larjani, chairman of the Iranian Parliament, said the government had "clear information that the intelligence regime of the Zionist regime and the CIA wanted to implement terrorist acts”.
A German-based opposition group released a photo of an alleged Arab hitman who had supposedly carried out Mohammadi`s assassination on Iran`s orders.
More than two years later, the Iranian government executed Fashi.
Iranian authorities claimed that Fashi was recruited and trained by Mossad and was paid 120,000 to kill Mohammadi.
Iranian media had broadcast Fashi`s confession, in which he said he had received training in chasing, running, counter-chasing and techniques for planting bombs in a car while he was in Tel Aviv.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015