Dogs kill disabled 83-year-old woman in Italy
Rome: Police have arrested an 83-year-old disabled woman`s daughter and her partner after two dogs allegedly mauled the bed-ridden woman to death at her home in northern Italy.
A Rottweiler and a Spanish dalmatian are believed to have attacked Lidia Bider at the squalid property near Vercelli town.
Police said close to 100 dogs were kept at the property, which operated as a private kennel.
Vets had to be called to treat the animals as many were in appalling condition.
The two dogs believed to have killed Bider lived in her bedroom with her.
Bider`s 53-year-old daughter and her partner were not at home at the time of the attack. They face charges of mistreating and abandoning a disabled person, causing her death.
The pair called emergency services when they returned to the home to find Bider was attacked by the animals, but by the time police and an ambulance arrived, she was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande