Dogs kill disabled 83-year-old woman in Italy
Rome: Police have arrested an 83-year-old disabled woman`s daughter and her partner after two dogs allegedly mauled the bed-ridden woman to death at her home in northern Italy.
A Rottweiler and a Spanish dalmatian are believed to have attacked Lidia Bider at the squalid property near Vercelli town.
Police said close to 100 dogs were kept at the property, which operated as a private kennel.
Vets had to be called to treat the animals as many were in appalling condition.
The two dogs believed to have killed Bider lived in her bedroom with her.
Bider`s 53-year-old daughter and her partner were not at home at the time of the attack. They face charges of mistreating and abandoning a disabled person, causing her death.
The pair called emergency services when they returned to the home to find Bider was attacked by the animals, but by the time police and an ambulance arrived, she was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars