Dogs kill disabled 83-year-old woman in Italy
Rome: Police have arrested an 83-year-old disabled woman`s daughter and her partner after two dogs allegedly mauled the bed-ridden woman to death at her home in northern Italy.
A Rottweiler and a Spanish dalmatian are believed to have attacked Lidia Bider at the squalid property near Vercelli town.
Police said close to 100 dogs were kept at the property, which operated as a private kennel.
Vets had to be called to treat the animals as many were in appalling condition.
The two dogs believed to have killed Bider lived in her bedroom with her.
Bider`s 53-year-old daughter and her partner were not at home at the time of the attack. They face charges of mistreating and abandoning a disabled person, causing her death.
The pair called emergency services when they returned to the home to find Bider was attacked by the animals, but by the time police and an ambulance arrived, she was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"