Dogs kill disabled 83-year-old woman in Italy
Rome: Police have arrested an 83-year-old disabled woman`s daughter and her partner after two dogs allegedly mauled the bed-ridden woman to death at her home in northern Italy.
A Rottweiler and a Spanish dalmatian are believed to have attacked Lidia Bider at the squalid property near Vercelli town.
Police said close to 100 dogs were kept at the property, which operated as a private kennel.
Vets had to be called to treat the animals as many were in appalling condition.
The two dogs believed to have killed Bider lived in her bedroom with her.
Bider`s 53-year-old daughter and her partner were not at home at the time of the attack. They face charges of mistreating and abandoning a disabled person, causing her death.
The pair called emergency services when they returned to the home to find Bider was attacked by the animals, but by the time police and an ambulance arrived, she was dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you