Drunk passenger flying chopper caused fatal crash
Moscow: An inquiry into a helicopter crash in Russia has revealed that the accident which killed all the three aboard occurred because a drunk passenger was allowed to fly the chopper by its drunk pilot.
The accident took place on a December afternoon northwest of Moscow.
An analysis of the pilot`s blood after the crash revealed that he had a blood alcohol level of 0.9 per mil, while the passengers had a level of 1.6 and 2.2 per mil.
The pilot was in the helicopter`s front-left seat at the time of the crash, not the front-right seat that is fully equipped for flying the aircraft, suggesting it was being flown by the passenger, the Interstate Aviation Committee said in a report released Friday.
The US-made Robinson R44 crashed into a forest near the town of Solnechnogorsk Dec. 8 after clipping some tree tops and spinning out of control, the report said.
The pilot had obtained his license illegally by submitting forged medical documents. Neither the pilot nor the front-seat passenger was qualified to fly an R44 at night or in bad weather, the committee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof