EasyJet plane diverted due to security alert: UK
London: EasyJet says one of its flights from Hamburg to London Luton Airport has been diverted to nearby Stansted Airport due to a security alert.
The budget airline says the Airbus A319, carrying 151 passengers and six crew members onboard, has safely landed at Stansted.
It declined to describe what had caused the diversion, only saying it was a precautionary measure.
The carrier added that the plane was met by police on arrival, and officers are on board the plane. Police said no one was arrested in this evening`s incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding