EasyJet plane diverted due to security alert: UK
London: EasyJet says one of its flights from Hamburg to London Luton Airport has been diverted to nearby Stansted Airport due to a security alert.
The budget airline says the Airbus A319, carrying 151 passengers and six crew members onboard, has safely landed at Stansted.
It declined to describe what had caused the diversion, only saying it was a precautionary measure.
The carrier added that the plane was met by police on arrival, and officers are on board the plane. Police said no one was arrested in this evening`s incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore