Egypt train derailment kills 19, injures more than 100
Moscow: At least 19 people were killed and more than 100 injured after a train with military recruits derailed Tuesday near the Egyptian capital city of Cairo, a media report said.
The train, carrying young conscripts, was en route from southern Egypt to a military camp in Cairo, when the accident occurred in the Giza neighbourhood of Badrashin, Al Jazeera reported.
The cause of the derailment was yet to be established till last report.
Last November, an Egyptian train rammed into a school bus killing 50 people, mainly schoolchildren. The incident led to transport minister`s resignation.
The country witnessed its worst railway accident in 2002 when over 360 people were killed in a train fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city