Egypt train derailment kills 19, injures more than 100
Moscow: At least 19 people were killed and more than 100 injured after a train with military recruits derailed Tuesday near the Egyptian capital city of Cairo, a media report said.
The train, carrying young conscripts, was en route from southern Egypt to a military camp in Cairo, when the accident occurred in the Giza neighbourhood of Badrashin, Al Jazeera reported.
The cause of the derailment was yet to be established till last report.
Last November, an Egyptian train rammed into a school bus killing 50 people, mainly schoolchildren. The incident led to transport minister`s resignation.
The country witnessed its worst railway accident in 2002 when over 360 people were killed in a train fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics