Egypt train derailment kills 19, injures more than 100
Moscow: At least 19 people were killed and more than 100 injured after a train with military recruits derailed Tuesday near the Egyptian capital city of Cairo, a media report said.
The train, carrying young conscripts, was en route from southern Egypt to a military camp in Cairo, when the accident occurred in the Giza neighbourhood of Badrashin, Al Jazeera reported.
The cause of the derailment was yet to be established till last report.
Last November, an Egyptian train rammed into a school bus killing 50 people, mainly schoolchildren. The incident led to transport minister`s resignation.
The country witnessed its worst railway accident in 2002 when over 360 people were killed in a train fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan