English Defence League retaliates following Woolwich terror attack
London: Supporters of the English Defence League (EDL) have expressed their rage at Woolwich Police for its failure to solve the murder of a British soldier and the shooting of two of his suspected assailants.
A group of 100 men, some wearing balaclavas printed with `EDL`, threw bottles at the police and chanted anti-Muslim slogans for less than an hour, The Guardian reports.
EDL leader Tommy Robinson said Islam is not a religion of peace and it is high time that law enforcers and lawmakers listen and understand the reason behind the British public`s anger.
Protesters gathered outside the Woolwich Arsenal station with flags bearing the cross of St. George despite the presence of hundreds of police including riot police around Woolwich.
During the clashes, a 43-year-old man has been arrested for carrying a knife while walking into a mosque in Braintree, Essex.
The secretary of the mosque, Sikander Saleemy, said he felt that the man`s behaviour suggested a `revenge attack` and despite their condemnation of the Woolwich attack, he confessed that the Muslims are not connected in the appalling act of terror, adding that it is unfortunate that people will start accusing the Muslims even more after the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer