EU satisfied with US-Russia deal on Syria
Brussels: The European Union (EU) has expressed satisfaction with the US and Russia`s joint call for an international conference on Syria to end the escalating crisis in that country.
"The EU would welcome any dialogue that would bring two sides to the negotiating table," reported Xinhua on Wednesday citing Michael Mann, the spokesperson for EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
"The EU has repeated on many occasions that the solution of the conflict lies in a comprehensive political settlement," he added.
He said the EU "stands ready to assist in any way possible and hopes that the conference will be a beginning of a peace process".
Having held talks with Russian officials, US Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday the two had agreed to convene an international conference on Syria.
It would be attended by representatives of the Syrian regime and the opposition, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500; culminated due to climate change!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!
- 'Get fit in style'! Shraddha Kapoor stuns in casual too!
- Three in three! Shane Watson has never lost T20 final in his first season with team
- It's a wrap for Vidya Balan-Arjun Rampal's 'Kahaani 2'!