Five killed in Brazil small-plane crash
Rio De Janeiro: Five people were killed when a small plane they were travelling in crashed in Brazil, the Air Force reported Sunday.
The light aircraft crashed Saturday on the outskirts of the city of Corumba, in Mato Grosso do Sul state, along the country`s border with Paraguay and Bolivia, Xinhua reported.
The plane had taken off from the state capital, Campo Grande, some 400 km from the crash site, at dawn, and reportedly sent an emergency warning an hour into the flight.
The passengers were heading to a hacienda in Brazil`s Pantanal region, along the border, the Air Force said.
Air Force personnel were not able to locate the site of the accident until in the afternoon. Rescue workers found five bodies when they arrived at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi