Five killed in Brazil small-plane crash
Rio De Janeiro: Five people were killed when a small plane they were travelling in crashed in Brazil, the Air Force reported Sunday.
The light aircraft crashed Saturday on the outskirts of the city of Corumba, in Mato Grosso do Sul state, along the country`s border with Paraguay and Bolivia, Xinhua reported.
The plane had taken off from the state capital, Campo Grande, some 400 km from the crash site, at dawn, and reportedly sent an emergency warning an hour into the flight.
The passengers were heading to a hacienda in Brazil`s Pantanal region, along the border, the Air Force said.
Air Force personnel were not able to locate the site of the accident until in the afternoon. Rescue workers found five bodies when they arrived at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped