Five killed in Brazil small-plane crash
Rio De Janeiro: Five people were killed when a small plane they were travelling in crashed in Brazil, the Air Force reported Sunday.
The light aircraft crashed Saturday on the outskirts of the city of Corumba, in Mato Grosso do Sul state, along the country`s border with Paraguay and Bolivia, Xinhua reported.
The plane had taken off from the state capital, Campo Grande, some 400 km from the crash site, at dawn, and reportedly sent an emergency warning an hour into the flight.
The passengers were heading to a hacienda in Brazil`s Pantanal region, along the border, the Air Force said.
Air Force personnel were not able to locate the site of the accident until in the afternoon. Rescue workers found five bodies when they arrived at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand