Five killed in Brazil small-plane crash
Rio De Janeiro: Five people were killed when a small plane they were travelling in crashed in Brazil, the Air Force reported Sunday.
The light aircraft crashed Saturday on the outskirts of the city of Corumba, in Mato Grosso do Sul state, along the country`s border with Paraguay and Bolivia, Xinhua reported.
The plane had taken off from the state capital, Campo Grande, some 400 km from the crash site, at dawn, and reportedly sent an emergency warning an hour into the flight.
The passengers were heading to a hacienda in Brazil`s Pantanal region, along the border, the Air Force said.
Air Force personnel were not able to locate the site of the accident until in the afternoon. Rescue workers found five bodies when they arrived at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Several parts of Telangana receive heavy rain
- Ask Sourav Ganguly what problem he has with me: Ravi Shastri on his absence during interview
- Rajinikanth ji's film stole the poster of our film, says Irrfan Khan
- UN to choose new non-permanent Security Council members
- Heavy rains lash Himachal Pradesh, Met department predicts more in coming days