Fog covers Beijing, nearly 200 flights cancelled
Beijing: Nearly 200 flights were cancelled as a thick blanket of fog enveloped Beijing on Saturday.
Fog impacted the north China region, including Beijing and Tianjin, grounding a number of flights.
Beijing Capital International Airport said 199 flights were cancelled as the visibility at the airport was less than 200 meters, reported Xinhua.
Airports in Tianjin, Shijiazhuang, Zhengzhou in north China were all enveloped in dense fog Saturday morning, with the visibility in Tianjin airport less than 50 meters.
A gale following a drizzle Saturday evening would help dissipate it, but bring down the temperature by 10 degrees Celsius, said met department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says