Former French first lady returns from post-split India trip
Paris: France`s former first lady Valerie Trierweiler returned to Paris early Wednesday from a charity trip to India, her first public appearance since President Francois Hollande announced their split after his affair with an actress.
Trierweiler`s plane from India`s financial capital Mumbai landed at 8:05 am (0705 GMT) and she was whisked away without having to go through the normal passenger terminal, an airport official told AFP.
Her two-day visit to India on behalf of the French charity Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) saw her visit a slum and witness a feeding programme for malnourished children.
She told AFP during the India trip that she would like to extend her humanitarian work -- "especially towards poor children".
The 48-year-old, who is still employed as an arts writer by the French magazine Paris Match, said she planned to continue charity work rather than returning to her previous role as a political journalist.
The prospect of covering Hollande would be "too complicated" she admitted at the end of the trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi