Former French first lady returns from post-split India trip
Paris: France`s former first lady Valerie Trierweiler returned to Paris early Wednesday from a charity trip to India, her first public appearance since President Francois Hollande announced their split after his affair with an actress.
Trierweiler`s plane from India`s financial capital Mumbai landed at 8:05 am (0705 GMT) and she was whisked away without having to go through the normal passenger terminal, an airport official told AFP.
Her two-day visit to India on behalf of the French charity Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) saw her visit a slum and witness a feeding programme for malnourished children.
She told AFP during the India trip that she would like to extend her humanitarian work -- "especially towards poor children".
The 48-year-old, who is still employed as an arts writer by the French magazine Paris Match, said she planned to continue charity work rather than returning to her previous role as a political journalist.
The prospect of covering Hollande would be "too complicated" she admitted at the end of the trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog