Frankfurt airport strike to continue on Tuesday
Frankfurt: Ground staff at Frankfurt airport have plans to extend their strike, with labour union GdF saying it is now calling on them to halt work for an additional 24 hours from 0400 GMT on Tuesday.
The strike by some 200 workers at Europe`s third-busiest airport, which grounded hundreds of flights last week, was set to continue for a third day on Monday.
A spokesman for airport operator Fraport said 223 flights were being cancelled on Monday, and about 70 percent of scheduled flights will take place.
Lufthansa, which accounts for more than half of flights at Frankfurt airport, said it expects to cancel about 200 incoming and outgoing flights on German and European routes on Monday, while all intercontinental flights would take place.
The workers, who guide planes in and out of their parking positions, want higher pay, arguing their jobs have become more complex following the introduction of a fourth runway last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’