Frankfurt Airport workers strike; flights cancelled
Berlin: Hundreds more flights have been cancelled at Frankfurt Airport, Europe`s third busiest, as a ground workers` strike enters its second day.
The dapd news agency reported that 282 flights had already been cancelled on Friday with many more expected to be scrapped.
Workers walked off the job on Thursday afternoon for seven hours, and were to be on strike all day Friday.
The GdF union is engaged in a dispute with airport operator Fraport over pay and working conditions for some 200 ground workers.
Fraport says it`s trying to retain at least half its 1,300 daily takeoffs and landings during the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users