Frankfurt Airport workers strike; flights cancelled
Berlin: Hundreds more flights have been cancelled at Frankfurt Airport, Europe`s third busiest, as a ground workers` strike enters its second day.
The dapd news agency reported that 282 flights had already been cancelled on Friday with many more expected to be scrapped.
Workers walked off the job on Thursday afternoon for seven hours, and were to be on strike all day Friday.
The GdF union is engaged in a dispute with airport operator Fraport over pay and working conditions for some 200 ground workers.
Fraport says it`s trying to retain at least half its 1,300 daily takeoffs and landings during the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres