Frankfurt Airport workers strike; flights cancelled
Berlin: Hundreds more flights have been cancelled at Frankfurt Airport, Europe`s third busiest, as a ground workers` strike enters its second day.
The dapd news agency reported that 282 flights had already been cancelled on Friday with many more expected to be scrapped.
Workers walked off the job on Thursday afternoon for seven hours, and were to be on strike all day Friday.
The GdF union is engaged in a dispute with airport operator Fraport over pay and working conditions for some 200 ground workers.
Fraport says it`s trying to retain at least half its 1,300 daily takeoffs and landings during the strike.
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse arrives from Oman
- WATCH: When Delhi Daredevils' Brathwaite, Billings were involved in intense off-field battle!
- HDFC Ltd Q4 net profit jumps 31% to Rs 3,460 crore