French tanker, crew hijacked off Ivory Coast freed
Johannesburg: A French company that had one of its diesel tankers and a crew of 17 sailors hijacked off Ivory Coast say their vessel and workers are now free.
SEA Tankers issued a statement today saying the M/T Gascogne was now free. The company said two of the 17 sailors had been injured in the hijacking, but were receiving medical attention.
The company did not say how or where the ship was freed. The ship was hijacked by pirates Sunday off Abidjan.
Government officials there had said the crew included seven sailors from Togo, four from Benin, two from Ivory Coast, two from Senegal and one apiece from China and South Korea.
Pirate attacks in West Africa`s Gulf of Guinea have increased in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan