German ship operator: Pirates kidnap 5 crew
Berlin: A German shipping company says pirates have kidnapped five crew members from one of its ships off the coast of West Africa.
Sunship Schiffahrtskontor KG says the captives, all Polish and Russian citizens, were seized Friday from the container ship City of Xiamen about 160 kms southwest of Bonnie Island, Nigeria.
The Emden-based company said in a statement on its website today that the rest of the crew continued to a safe port unharmed.
It is the second time in recent days that a German-operated ship has been targeted by pirates in the region. Hamburg-based Leonhardt and Blumberg said four crew members with Ukrainian, Kiribati and Russian citizenship were kidnapped on April 22 off the coast of Equatorial Guinea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured