German ship operator: Pirates kidnap 5 crew
Berlin: A German shipping company says pirates have kidnapped five crew members from one of its ships off the coast of West Africa.
Sunship Schiffahrtskontor KG says the captives, all Polish and Russian citizens, were seized Friday from the container ship City of Xiamen about 160 kms southwest of Bonnie Island, Nigeria.
The Emden-based company said in a statement on its website today that the rest of the crew continued to a safe port unharmed.
It is the second time in recent days that a German-operated ship has been targeted by pirates in the region. Hamburg-based Leonhardt and Blumberg said four crew members with Ukrainian, Kiribati and Russian citizenship were kidnapped on April 22 off the coast of Equatorial Guinea.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference