German ship operator: Pirates kidnap 5 crew
Berlin: A German shipping company says pirates have kidnapped five crew members from one of its ships off the coast of West Africa.
Sunship Schiffahrtskontor KG says the captives, all Polish and Russian citizens, were seized Friday from the container ship City of Xiamen about 160 kms southwest of Bonnie Island, Nigeria.
The Emden-based company said in a statement on its website today that the rest of the crew continued to a safe port unharmed.
It is the second time in recent days that a German-operated ship has been targeted by pirates in the region. Hamburg-based Leonhardt and Blumberg said four crew members with Ukrainian, Kiribati and Russian citizenship were kidnapped on April 22 off the coast of Equatorial Guinea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought