German tourist couple found dead in Madeira: Authorities
Lisbon: A German couple holidaying on the Portuguese island of Madeira have been found dead at the bottom of ravine, three days after they went missing, local authorities said Saturday.
The bodies of the couple aged 68 were found in the hills of the island`s capital Funchal, rescuers told the Portuguese news agency Lusa.
The identities of the two Germans were not released, and the cause of death is not yet known.
The two tourists had told their hotel reception they were going out for a walk before leaving on Wednesday.
But they never returned and were reported missing the next day.
The Madeira archipelago is located in the Atlantic about 500 kilometres (300 miles) from the coast of Morocco and is popular with tourists for its volcanic landscape and mild climate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees