German tourist couple found dead in Madeira: Authorities
Lisbon: A German couple holidaying on the Portuguese island of Madeira have been found dead at the bottom of ravine, three days after they went missing, local authorities said Saturday.
The bodies of the couple aged 68 were found in the hills of the island`s capital Funchal, rescuers told the Portuguese news agency Lusa.
The identities of the two Germans were not released, and the cause of death is not yet known.
The two tourists had told their hotel reception they were going out for a walk before leaving on Wednesday.
But they never returned and were reported missing the next day.
The Madeira archipelago is located in the Atlantic about 500 kilometres (300 miles) from the coast of Morocco and is popular with tourists for its volcanic landscape and mild climate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach