German tourist couple found dead in Madeira: Authorities
Lisbon: A German couple holidaying on the Portuguese island of Madeira have been found dead at the bottom of ravine, three days after they went missing, local authorities said Saturday.
The bodies of the couple aged 68 were found in the hills of the island`s capital Funchal, rescuers told the Portuguese news agency Lusa.
The identities of the two Germans were not released, and the cause of death is not yet known.
The two tourists had told their hotel reception they were going out for a walk before leaving on Wednesday.
But they never returned and were reported missing the next day.
The Madeira archipelago is located in the Atlantic about 500 kilometres (300 miles) from the coast of Morocco and is popular with tourists for its volcanic landscape and mild climate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron