German tourist couple found dead in Madeira: Authorities
Lisbon: A German couple holidaying on the Portuguese island of Madeira have been found dead at the bottom of ravine, three days after they went missing, local authorities said Saturday.
The bodies of the couple aged 68 were found in the hills of the island`s capital Funchal, rescuers told the Portuguese news agency Lusa.
The identities of the two Germans were not released, and the cause of death is not yet known.
The two tourists had told their hotel reception they were going out for a walk before leaving on Wednesday.
But they never returned and were reported missing the next day.
The Madeira archipelago is located in the Atlantic about 500 kilometres (300 miles) from the coast of Morocco and is popular with tourists for its volcanic landscape and mild climate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official