Hillary Clinton to travel to Asia Pacific
US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, would travel to the Asia Pacific region on a 10-day trip that will take her to Australia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore.
Along with Obama, she would travel to Phnom Penh, Cambodia during November 19-20 to attend the US-ASEAN Leaders Meeting and the East Asia Summit.
Clinton would begin her trip from Perth in Australia on November 11, where she would be joined by Panetta, Australian Foreign Minister Bob Carr, and Australian Defence Minister Stephen Smith for the annual Australia-United States Ministerial Consultations (AUSMIN).
The meeting would discuss security cooperation and other regional and global issues, Nuland said.
In Perth, Clinton will meet with Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Foreign Minister Bob Carr.
She will also visit the new Western Australia and United States & Asia Centre (USAC).
She will then travel to Adelaide where she will meet with Australian business leaders as well as visit Techport Australia, Australia`s largest and most advanced shipbuilding facility, the statement said.
Clinton will then travel to Singapore on November 16-17 to meet with senior government officials, including Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Foreign Minister Kasiviswanathan Shanmugam, on a wide range of issues.
On November 17, Clinton will travel to Bangkok.
"She will join President Obama and his delegation on November 18 for meetings with Prime Minister Yingluck and other senior Thai officials to underscore our strong alliance and discuss shared priorities and regional issues in advance of the ASEAN East Asia Summit," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!