Hillary Clinton to travel to Asia Pacific
US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, would travel to the Asia Pacific region on a 10-day trip that will take her to Australia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore.
Along with Obama, she would travel to Phnom Penh, Cambodia during November 19-20 to attend the US-ASEAN Leaders Meeting and the East Asia Summit.
Clinton would begin her trip from Perth in Australia on November 11, where she would be joined by Panetta, Australian Foreign Minister Bob Carr, and Australian Defence Minister Stephen Smith for the annual Australia-United States Ministerial Consultations (AUSMIN).
The meeting would discuss security cooperation and other regional and global issues, Nuland said.
In Perth, Clinton will meet with Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Foreign Minister Bob Carr.
She will also visit the new Western Australia and United States & Asia Centre (USAC).
She will then travel to Adelaide where she will meet with Australian business leaders as well as visit Techport Australia, Australia`s largest and most advanced shipbuilding facility, the statement said.
Clinton will then travel to Singapore on November 16-17 to meet with senior government officials, including Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Foreign Minister Kasiviswanathan Shanmugam, on a wide range of issues.
On November 17, Clinton will travel to Bangkok.
"She will join President Obama and his delegation on November 18 for meetings with Prime Minister Yingluck and other senior Thai officials to underscore our strong alliance and discuss shared priorities and regional issues in advance of the ASEAN East Asia Summit," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues