Homemade bomb wounds 2 policemen in Bahrain
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says two policemen have been wounded, one critically, when a homemade bomb exploded in a village southwest of the capital, Manama.
The ministry said in a statement on its official Twitter feed that the explosion happened early today in the village of Demistan. The area has been the scene of frequent clashes between anti-government activists and Bahrain security forces.
Bahrain is a small island kingdom off the coast of Saudi Arabia that hosts the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More than 65 people have been killed in violence since protests led by the country`s Shiite majority began in February 2011 calling for a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled nation. Some rights groups place the death toll higher.
Anti-government factions have been increasingly deploying bombs targeting government forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh