Homemade bomb wounds 2 policemen in Bahrain
Manama: Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says two policemen have been wounded, one critically, when a homemade bomb exploded in a village southwest of the capital, Manama.
The ministry said in a statement on its official Twitter feed that the explosion happened early today in the village of Demistan. The area has been the scene of frequent clashes between anti-government activists and Bahrain security forces.
Bahrain is a small island kingdom off the coast of Saudi Arabia that hosts the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More than 65 people have been killed in violence since protests led by the country`s Shiite majority began in February 2011 calling for a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled nation. Some rights groups place the death toll higher.
Anti-government factions have been increasingly deploying bombs targeting government forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog