‘Hosni Mubarak never suffered a stroke’
Cairo: A forensic team assigned to examine former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak`s health found that Mubarak is in a stable condition and has never suffered a stroke, Egyptian official Ahram newspaper quoted the team head as saying on Saturday.
The health status of Mubarak is stable and he does not need to be transferred from prison to hospital, said the team head, Ehssan Kamel Gorgy.
Gorgy said a report from the forensic team, which includes professors in cardiology, general surgery and vascular medicine, showed that Mubarak has never suffered a stroke and he just needs to take medicines for "less serious health conditions."
Mubarak`s lawyer has submitted a request to move him from Tora prison, where the former president is serving his sentence for charges of killing protestors, to a military hospital in Cairo`s Maadi district due to his "unstable conditions."
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for his involvement in the death of protesters during the anti-government protests in early 2011, which ended his three-decade rule.
His health reportedly deteriorated after the sentence, as doctors said he was suffering from bouts of depression, high blood pressure and shortness of breath.
He reportedly suffered a stroke in mid June and was transferred to the military hospital in Maadi. On July 16, Prosecutor General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud ordered to send him back to the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says