‘Hosni Mubarak never suffered a stroke’
Cairo: A forensic team assigned to examine former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak`s health found that Mubarak is in a stable condition and has never suffered a stroke, Egyptian official Ahram newspaper quoted the team head as saying on Saturday.
The health status of Mubarak is stable and he does not need to be transferred from prison to hospital, said the team head, Ehssan Kamel Gorgy.
Gorgy said a report from the forensic team, which includes professors in cardiology, general surgery and vascular medicine, showed that Mubarak has never suffered a stroke and he just needs to take medicines for "less serious health conditions."
Mubarak`s lawyer has submitted a request to move him from Tora prison, where the former president is serving his sentence for charges of killing protestors, to a military hospital in Cairo`s Maadi district due to his "unstable conditions."
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for his involvement in the death of protesters during the anti-government protests in early 2011, which ended his three-decade rule.
His health reportedly deteriorated after the sentence, as doctors said he was suffering from bouts of depression, high blood pressure and shortness of breath.
He reportedly suffered a stroke in mid June and was transferred to the military hospital in Maadi. On July 16, Prosecutor General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud ordered to send him back to the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP