‘Hosni Mubarak never suffered a stroke’
Cairo: A forensic team assigned to examine former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak`s health found that Mubarak is in a stable condition and has never suffered a stroke, Egyptian official Ahram newspaper quoted the team head as saying on Saturday.
The health status of Mubarak is stable and he does not need to be transferred from prison to hospital, said the team head, Ehssan Kamel Gorgy.
Gorgy said a report from the forensic team, which includes professors in cardiology, general surgery and vascular medicine, showed that Mubarak has never suffered a stroke and he just needs to take medicines for "less serious health conditions."
Mubarak`s lawyer has submitted a request to move him from Tora prison, where the former president is serving his sentence for charges of killing protestors, to a military hospital in Cairo`s Maadi district due to his "unstable conditions."
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for his involvement in the death of protesters during the anti-government protests in early 2011, which ended his three-decade rule.
His health reportedly deteriorated after the sentence, as doctors said he was suffering from bouts of depression, high blood pressure and shortness of breath.
He reportedly suffered a stroke in mid June and was transferred to the military hospital in Maadi. On July 16, Prosecutor General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud ordered to send him back to the jail.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh