‘Hosni Mubarak never suffered a stroke’
Cairo: A forensic team assigned to examine former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak`s health found that Mubarak is in a stable condition and has never suffered a stroke, Egyptian official Ahram newspaper quoted the team head as saying on Saturday.
The health status of Mubarak is stable and he does not need to be transferred from prison to hospital, said the team head, Ehssan Kamel Gorgy.
Gorgy said a report from the forensic team, which includes professors in cardiology, general surgery and vascular medicine, showed that Mubarak has never suffered a stroke and he just needs to take medicines for "less serious health conditions."
Mubarak`s lawyer has submitted a request to move him from Tora prison, where the former president is serving his sentence for charges of killing protestors, to a military hospital in Cairo`s Maadi district due to his "unstable conditions."
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for his involvement in the death of protesters during the anti-government protests in early 2011, which ended his three-decade rule.
His health reportedly deteriorated after the sentence, as doctors said he was suffering from bouts of depression, high blood pressure and shortness of breath.
He reportedly suffered a stroke in mid June and was transferred to the military hospital in Maadi. On July 16, Prosecutor General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud ordered to send him back to the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi