Hospital names disabled baby after Pope
Florence: A baby boy born in Italy with just one limb is being put up for adoption after his migrant parents rejected him. Hospital staff have named the baby Francis, after the pontiff.
Two days after the baby was born, without both his legs and one arm, his parents refused to register him as their son.
Hospital doctors and nurses in the town of San Donato di Arezzo decided to name the boy after the pope.
Reports did not state the nationality of Francis` birth parents, but he is said to be "beautiful" and in excellent health.
A court in Florence will choose an adoptive family for Francis. Meanwhile, he is being cared for by hospital staff, who carry him around in a sling to make him feel secure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!