Hospital names disabled baby after Pope
Florence: A baby boy born in Italy with just one limb is being put up for adoption after his migrant parents rejected him. Hospital staff have named the baby Francis, after the pontiff.
Two days after the baby was born, without both his legs and one arm, his parents refused to register him as their son.
Hospital doctors and nurses in the town of San Donato di Arezzo decided to name the boy after the pope.
Reports did not state the nationality of Francis` birth parents, but he is said to be "beautiful" and in excellent health.
A court in Florence will choose an adoptive family for Francis. Meanwhile, he is being cared for by hospital staff, who carry him around in a sling to make him feel secure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border