Hospital names disabled baby after Pope
Florence: A baby boy born in Italy with just one limb is being put up for adoption after his migrant parents rejected him. Hospital staff have named the baby Francis, after the pontiff.
Two days after the baby was born, without both his legs and one arm, his parents refused to register him as their son.
Hospital doctors and nurses in the town of San Donato di Arezzo decided to name the boy after the pope.
Reports did not state the nationality of Francis` birth parents, but he is said to be "beautiful" and in excellent health.
A court in Florence will choose an adoptive family for Francis. Meanwhile, he is being cared for by hospital staff, who carry him around in a sling to make him feel secure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31