Hospital names disabled baby after Pope
Florence: A baby boy born in Italy with just one limb is being put up for adoption after his migrant parents rejected him. Hospital staff have named the baby Francis, after the pontiff.
Two days after the baby was born, without both his legs and one arm, his parents refused to register him as their son.
Hospital doctors and nurses in the town of San Donato di Arezzo decided to name the boy after the pope.
Reports did not state the nationality of Francis` birth parents, but he is said to be "beautiful" and in excellent health.
A court in Florence will choose an adoptive family for Francis. Meanwhile, he is being cared for by hospital staff, who carry him around in a sling to make him feel secure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!