Human rights deteriorating in China: US
Washington: The US State Department has said that human rights conditions have deteriorated in China.
The State Department also said that Vietnam continued to severely restrict political rights and freedom of expression to its citizens.
The conclusions were drawn in the annual assessment of human rights around the world by the department, News 24 reports.
The report also criticised Sri Lanka for disappearances and killings of people by pro-government paramilitary groups, despite the end of civil war in 2009 in the country.
The department said conditions remain extremely poor in North Korea, where an estimated 1,30,000 to 2,00,000 people are detained in political penal labour camps.
The department said that remarkable improvement was seen in Myanmar with the release of hundreds of political prisoners and the participation of its most famous former detainee democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees