Human rights deteriorating in China: US
Washington: The US State Department has said that human rights conditions have deteriorated in China.
The State Department also said that Vietnam continued to severely restrict political rights and freedom of expression to its citizens.
The conclusions were drawn in the annual assessment of human rights around the world by the department, News 24 reports.
The report also criticised Sri Lanka for disappearances and killings of people by pro-government paramilitary groups, despite the end of civil war in 2009 in the country.
The department said conditions remain extremely poor in North Korea, where an estimated 1,30,000 to 2,00,000 people are detained in political penal labour camps.
The department said that remarkable improvement was seen in Myanmar with the release of hundreds of political prisoners and the participation of its most famous former detainee democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report