Human rights deteriorating in China: US
Washington: The US State Department has said that human rights conditions have deteriorated in China.
The State Department also said that Vietnam continued to severely restrict political rights and freedom of expression to its citizens.
The conclusions were drawn in the annual assessment of human rights around the world by the department, News 24 reports.
The report also criticised Sri Lanka for disappearances and killings of people by pro-government paramilitary groups, despite the end of civil war in 2009 in the country.
The department said conditions remain extremely poor in North Korea, where an estimated 1,30,000 to 2,00,000 people are detained in political penal labour camps.
The department said that remarkable improvement was seen in Myanmar with the release of hundreds of political prisoners and the participation of its most famous former detainee democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network