Human rights deteriorating in China: US
Washington: The US State Department has said that human rights conditions have deteriorated in China.
The State Department also said that Vietnam continued to severely restrict political rights and freedom of expression to its citizens.
The conclusions were drawn in the annual assessment of human rights around the world by the department, News 24 reports.
The report also criticised Sri Lanka for disappearances and killings of people by pro-government paramilitary groups, despite the end of civil war in 2009 in the country.
The department said conditions remain extremely poor in North Korea, where an estimated 1,30,000 to 2,00,000 people are detained in political penal labour camps.
The department said that remarkable improvement was seen in Myanmar with the release of hundreds of political prisoners and the participation of its most famous former detainee democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!