Indian doctor faces manslaughter charge in Bahrain
Dubai: Two doctors, including an Indian, are facing trial for manslaughter in Bahrain nine months after a woman died on the operating table.
Ruqaya Mahmood was reportedly suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure and could not undergo surgery, but a Brazilian plastic surgeon and an Indian anesthesiologist went ahead with the operation, the Gulf Daily News reported Thursday.
Prosecutors said the defendants had failed to provide the victim, who was in her 50s, proper medical treatment.
Both the doctors, however, pleaded not guilty at the Lower Criminal Court Wednesday.
The lawyer for the Brazilian surgeon requested the court to summon the medical panel, which examined the victim, to the next hearing.
The judge adjourned the trial till Jan 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed