Indian engineer killed in site explosion in Singap
Singapore: A 32-year old engineer from India has been killed in a construction site accident here, a media report said on Wednesday.
Dharmalingam Selvam was thrown two to three metres from the pipe inspection site following an explosion on Monday and died on the spot on Singapore`s Jurong Island.
He has been working as an engineer with BNF Engineering for about three years, The Straits Times reported.
His colleagues said the company would pay to sent back Dharmalingam`s body to his home in India for funeral.
Dharmalingam, a permanent resident of Singapore, married last year and had a three-month old daughter.
The accident was being investigated by police and the Ministry of Manpower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah