Indian engineer killed in site explosion in Singap
Singapore: A 32-year old engineer from India has been killed in a construction site accident here, a media report said on Wednesday.
Dharmalingam Selvam was thrown two to three metres from the pipe inspection site following an explosion on Monday and died on the spot on Singapore`s Jurong Island.
He has been working as an engineer with BNF Engineering for about three years, The Straits Times reported.
His colleagues said the company would pay to sent back Dharmalingam`s body to his home in India for funeral.
Dharmalingam, a permanent resident of Singapore, married last year and had a three-month old daughter.
The accident was being investigated by police and the Ministry of Manpower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das