Indian engineer killed in site explosion in Singap
Singapore: A 32-year old engineer from India has been killed in a construction site accident here, a media report said on Wednesday.
Dharmalingam Selvam was thrown two to three metres from the pipe inspection site following an explosion on Monday and died on the spot on Singapore`s Jurong Island.
He has been working as an engineer with BNF Engineering for about three years, The Straits Times reported.
His colleagues said the company would pay to sent back Dharmalingam`s body to his home in India for funeral.
Dharmalingam, a permanent resident of Singapore, married last year and had a three-month old daughter.
The accident was being investigated by police and the Ministry of Manpower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights