Indian engineer killed in site explosion in Singap
Singapore: A 32-year old engineer from India has been killed in a construction site accident here, a media report said on Wednesday.
Dharmalingam Selvam was thrown two to three metres from the pipe inspection site following an explosion on Monday and died on the spot on Singapore`s Jurong Island.
He has been working as an engineer with BNF Engineering for about three years, The Straits Times reported.
His colleagues said the company would pay to sent back Dharmalingam`s body to his home in India for funeral.
Dharmalingam, a permanent resident of Singapore, married last year and had a three-month old daughter.
The accident was being investigated by police and the Ministry of Manpower.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai