`Indian nurse found hanged, left 3 suicide notes`
London: The result of an autopsy on the Indian-origin nurse involved in a prank call for information about the Kate Middleton`s hospital stay was revealed on Thursday.
According to the report, Jacintha Saldanha was found hanging by the neck and a detective said she left three notes.
Coroner`s officer Lynda Martindill said Saldanha was found hanging by a scarf from a wardrobe in her room by a colleague and a member of the security staff at London`s King Edward VII Hospital last week.
Police detective chief inspector James Harman said Saldanha also had injuries to her wrists. He told the coroner`s inquest that three notes were found in the room. Police have said there were no suspicious circumstances, meaning nobody else was involved in Saldanha`s death.
As well as examining the notes, he said police were interviewing her friends, family and colleagues and looking at e-mails and phone calls to establish what led to her death. The case is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Saldanha answered the phone last week when two Australian disc jockeys called to seek information about the former Kate Middleton, who was being treated for severe morning sickness. The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, and Saldanha was duped into transferring them to a nurse caring for the duchess.
Australia`s media watchdog, the Australian Communications and Media Authority, said on Thursday it was launching an official investigation into whether the radio station, 2DayFM, breached its broadcasting license conditions and the industry code of practice Coroner Fiona Wilcox opened and adjourned the inquest until March 26.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!