`Indian nurse found hanged, left 3 suicide notes`
London: The result of an autopsy on the Indian-origin nurse involved in a prank call for information about the Kate Middleton`s hospital stay was revealed on Thursday.
According to the report, Jacintha Saldanha was found hanging by the neck and a detective said she left three notes.
Coroner`s officer Lynda Martindill said Saldanha was found hanging by a scarf from a wardrobe in her room by a colleague and a member of the security staff at London`s King Edward VII Hospital last week.
Police detective chief inspector James Harman said Saldanha also had injuries to her wrists. He told the coroner`s inquest that three notes were found in the room. Police have said there were no suspicious circumstances, meaning nobody else was involved in Saldanha`s death.
As well as examining the notes, he said police were interviewing her friends, family and colleagues and looking at e-mails and phone calls to establish what led to her death. The case is being treated as an apparent suicide.
Saldanha answered the phone last week when two Australian disc jockeys called to seek information about the former Kate Middleton, who was being treated for severe morning sickness. The DJs impersonated Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles, and Saldanha was duped into transferring them to a nurse caring for the duchess.
Australia`s media watchdog, the Australian Communications and Media Authority, said on Thursday it was launching an official investigation into whether the radio station, 2DayFM, breached its broadcasting license conditions and the industry code of practice Coroner Fiona Wilcox opened and adjourned the inquest until March 26.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened