Iran blocks cyber attack on oil ministry
Tehran: Iran says it has successfully blocked a cyber attack on a computer network for its oil sector.
A government agency in charge of fighting sabotage said today in its website, paydarymelli.ir, that the attack hit the networks of the Oil Ministry and the National Iranian Oil Company on Friday.
The website said experts were able to block the cyberattack and that the hackers were unable to get access to classified information due to its security system.
Iran periodically reports the discovery of viruses and other malicious programs in government, nuclear, oil and industrial networks, blaming Israel and the United States.
In May, Iran shut down part of its oil facilities because of another such cyberattack.
Israel has done little to deflect suspicion that it uses viruses against Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!