Iran blocks cyber attack on oil ministry
Tehran: Iran says it has successfully blocked a cyber attack on a computer network for its oil sector.
A government agency in charge of fighting sabotage said today in its website, paydarymelli.ir, that the attack hit the networks of the Oil Ministry and the National Iranian Oil Company on Friday.
The website said experts were able to block the cyberattack and that the hackers were unable to get access to classified information due to its security system.
Iran periodically reports the discovery of viruses and other malicious programs in government, nuclear, oil and industrial networks, blaming Israel and the United States.
In May, Iran shut down part of its oil facilities because of another such cyberattack.
Israel has done little to deflect suspicion that it uses viruses against Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!