Iran claims it has produced laser-guided shells
Tehran: Iran`s state TV is reporting the country has produced laser-guided artillery shells, capable of hitting moving targets with high accuracy.
The report quoting Defence Minister Gen. Ahmad Vahidi also says that the shell was an "intelligent" munition with the capability to identify its own targets.
The report was accompanied by footage showing an artillery piece firing a shell, followed by an explosion in the desert.
The report does not give details on specifications of the shell. It could not be independently verified.
Iran occasionally announces the production and testing of
military equipment, ranging from torpedoes to missiles and jet
The country`s military has run a programme dating from
1992 which aims at self-sufficiency in producing modern
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker