Iran claims it has produced laser-guided shells
Tehran: Iran`s state TV is reporting the country has produced laser-guided artillery shells, capable of hitting moving targets with high accuracy.
The report quoting Defence Minister Gen. Ahmad Vahidi also says that the shell was an "intelligent" munition with the capability to identify its own targets.
The report was accompanied by footage showing an artillery piece firing a shell, followed by an explosion in the desert.
The report does not give details on specifications of the shell. It could not be independently verified.
Iran occasionally announces the production and testing of
military equipment, ranging from torpedoes to missiles and jet
The country`s military has run a programme dating from
1992 which aims at self-sufficiency in producing modern
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch