Iran condemns bomb attacks in Pakistan
Tehran: Iran has strongly condemned the bomb attacks in Pakistan that left hundreds killed and many more injured, Xinhua reported Saturday.
At least 116 people were killed and 235 others injured in four blasts in Pakistan Thursday. Three blasts hit Quetta city in Balochistan province, bordering Afghanistan and Iran, while another occurred in Swat Valley in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Condemning the attacks, an Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson said the main objective of the organised and Zionist plot was to inflame sectarian strife among Pakistanis, particularly between Shiite and Sunni citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists