Iran says it got 2 more US drones in past missions
Tehran: The naval chief of Iran`s Revolutionary Guard claims Iranian forces had captured at least two other US drones before unveiling a purportedly downed ScanEagle craft earlier this month.
Today`s report by the official IRNA news agency does not say when the two other drones were allegedly taken.
It quotes Adm Ali Fadavi as saying the drone shown on state TV was the third captured ScanEagle, a relatively simple surveillance craft made by a Boeing subsidiary.
Fadavi says Iranian-made copies of the ScanEagle have been put into service, but did not elaborate.
Earlier this month, the US Navy said none of its drones were missing from recent missions, but some might have fallen into the sea in the past. There was no immediate comment from the US 5th Fleet in Bahrain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?