Iran to unveil `advanced` cruise missile
Tehran: A senior Iranian Defence Ministry official announced on Sunday that his ministry plans to unveil a highly advanced cruise missile.
"God willing, Meshkat (Lantern) cruise missile with a range of 2,000 km will be unveiled in the near future," Deputy Defence Minister and head of the ministry`s Aerospace Organisation General Mehdi Farahi told the semi-official Fars news agency on Sunday, reported Xinhua.
"Meshkat Cruise Missile can be fired from land, air and sea," Farahi was quoted as saying.
According to the report, Iran`s former cruise missile can travel a distance of no more than 300 km.
In August, the Iranian defence minister announced that Iran had "successfully" test-fired a 300 km-range missile.
In July, the Iranian Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) staged a three-day missile drill and its aerospace division commander Amir Ali Hajizadeh said in the drill, dubbed "Great Prophet 7”, more than 100 hypothesized spots in the central desert region of the country were targeted by various kinds of missiles.
Hajizadeh said that Iran`s missiles could hit the US military bases in neighbouring countries.
He said that all the US bases in the region were within the reach of Iran`s missiles and Iranian missiles could also easily reach Israel.
Iranian commanders have warned that Iran would give firm response to any military attack against the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog