Iran to unveil `advanced` cruise missile
Tehran: A senior Iranian Defence Ministry official announced on Sunday that his ministry plans to unveil a highly advanced cruise missile.
"God willing, Meshkat (Lantern) cruise missile with a range of 2,000 km will be unveiled in the near future," Deputy Defence Minister and head of the ministry`s Aerospace Organisation General Mehdi Farahi told the semi-official Fars news agency on Sunday, reported Xinhua.
"Meshkat Cruise Missile can be fired from land, air and sea," Farahi was quoted as saying.
According to the report, Iran`s former cruise missile can travel a distance of no more than 300 km.
In August, the Iranian defence minister announced that Iran had "successfully" test-fired a 300 km-range missile.
In July, the Iranian Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) staged a three-day missile drill and its aerospace division commander Amir Ali Hajizadeh said in the drill, dubbed "Great Prophet 7”, more than 100 hypothesized spots in the central desert region of the country were targeted by various kinds of missiles.
Hajizadeh said that Iran`s missiles could hit the US military bases in neighbouring countries.
He said that all the US bases in the region were within the reach of Iran`s missiles and Iranian missiles could also easily reach Israel.
Iranian commanders have warned that Iran would give firm response to any military attack against the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi